Rock solid ecommerce with standard features needed for most online shops
osCommerce is powered by two most powerful technologies Php and MySQL. This makes it one of the most dynamic open source e-commerce solutions available. Launched in 2000, osCommerce software has grown steadily. The osCommerce Shopping Cart Features allow online merchants to set up beautiful online stores in the manner they want. osCommerce can easily be fine-tuned to meet your business needs. One can easily sell as many products as one wants with osCommerce Features.
With the osCommerce Development Features, you can set up a customized online store in less time. osCommerce is power packed with features that allow you manage everything right from products, catalogue, and orders to inventory. Moreover, you can easily extend the functionality of osCommerce by integrating it with CRM, CMS and other third party applications. Discussed below are some of the best osCommerce Store Features.
osCommerce Standard Features explained in detail
osCommerce has an easy to use admin panel through which you can have a complete view and control of your e-commerce shop. You can set up a store that helps you target a global audience because of features like support for multiple languages and currencies. Here are some of the best admin features offered by osCommerce software
- Set up unlimited product categories and sub categories
- Categories-to-categories structure
- Products-to-categories structure
- Easily Add/Edit/Remove products, categories, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Options for database backup and restore
- Supports physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products
- Automatically update currency exchange rates
- Full control over displaying products in a customized manner
- Have both static and dynamic banners having detailed statistics
- Set up username and password to allow only authorized individuals to access admin
- Ability to contact customers directly via email or newsletters
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
- Statistics for products and customers
With osCommerce you day to day online management tasks will become easier, simpler and quicker. Here is what you can do with front end features
- Store orders in database
- Customers can see their order history and order statuses
- Customers can easily maintain their accounts
- Has an Address book for multiple shipping and billing addresses
- Option for having Temporary shopping cart for guests and permanent shopping cart for customers
- Foreseen checkout procedure
- SSL encryption
- Show and Hide number of products category-wise
- Display what other customers have ordered with the current product shown
- Breadcrumb for easy navigation across store
osCommerce allows online store owners to display products in the manner they want. Here is what you can do with the product management features of osCommerce
- Have HTML based product descriptions
- Set up Dynamic product attributes relationship
- osCommerce suggests the best product based on the customer’s previous purchase.
- Easily know which products are out of stock
- Get information about best selling products and customers who are regular buyers
- Easily update customer records, view and update order status too.
- Option to change the status of an order from ‘pending’ to ‘delivered’ and also add comments.
- Prepare reports on purchases made by customers.
- Send e-mail notifications to customers about their order status.
Supported Payment Gateways
osCommerce supports a wide range of payment gateways. You can also get additional payments gateways from its official add-ons site. Here are some of the payment gateways supported by osCommerce
- Chrono Pay
- Trust Commerce
- Pay nova
Shipping is an important part of an online store as without it you cannot deliver products on time. osCommerce is equipped with latest shipping features such as:
- Modules that allow you calculate shipping rates based on weight, price, and destination
- Disable certain shipping services based on a zone basis
- Real-time quotes available (UPS, USPS, FedEx, ..)
- Free shipping based on amount and destination
Online merchants can have different tax systems to suit the requirements of different countries. Here are some of the tax features that come in osCommerce
- Implement tax according to state and country basis
- Ability to set up different tax rates for different products
- Charge tax on shipping on a per shipping service basis
Customers are indeed the most integral part of your e-commerce business. You always need to maintain good relationships with them to increase their satisfaction, trust and loyalty. osCommerce has all the necessary features that allow you to achieve this objective. Here are some of the customer support features that osCommerce offers
- The amazing What’s New feature displays new products to customers when they enter the site. So, the new products easily get the attention from customers.
- Customers can review products which they are buying. Now what happens here is, next time a customer comes to purchase that particular product he/she can get the reviews alongside the product description.
- Easy to use product search options so that customers can get products they are looking for within seconds.
- Using Tell a Friend feature, your customers can suggest their favourite products to their friends and relatives and help boost your sales.
Like More Information from The osCommerce Store?
Answers now! Talk to a real person... Click the Chat button below.